Maintain your roof, maintain your home…
- Most home exteriors have a lifespan of about 10 - 15 years. Make sure you are taking the few minutes to check your roofs, windows, doors, and/or gutters for any signs of wear, mold, moisture, and/or breaking.
- Wood? Steel? Asphalt? Vinyl? There are many different types of materials that go into the replacement of roofs, doors, and gutters. Our team will happily talk you through which options are best for your home but it might help for you to start researching the different types you could potentially use on your own home.
- Everything is connected… If you aren’t cleaning your gutters (check out our sister company Panda Powerwash), then you can expect spillover on to your roof, which can cause extra moistures and damage to your roof shingles. A common cause for roof leaks are clogged gutters. The same goes for your windows and your doors. There is a real lifeblood to the home that starts from the outside and goes inside; and if one thing is off—there could be a major effect on your other exterior items. Our team can suggest follow up items for your home to keep it in top shape.
- The best time for home exterior replacements is before a big storm, snowfall, or climate change. This can ensure that your roof is protected against the elements before it is hit by them, which can ultimately save you a lot of time and money. Alternatively, checking your home after a big storm can give you an indication of the condition of your roof, windows, doors, and more.
- Maintain your roof, maintain your home… your roof is the exterior barrier to the interior of your home, and these maintenance tips can help protect it. No homeowner wants to be surprised, so make roof inspections part of your yearly house chores. Protecting your home means protecting your family, and protecting yourself.
Subscribe to Panda Exteriors's Blog